AP Dynamics’ structural experts can help you maintain and improve structural integrity to ensure safety to personnel and equipment on site. Correctly designed structures are key to ensuring long-term operation.
Static and Rotating Equipment Skids
- Conducted dynamic and lifting analyses.
- Harmonic analysis performed to simulate the behaviour of the structure and ensure that the vibration of the overlying equipment was within industry accepted guidelines.
- Recommend pile layout.
- Recommend lifting lug geometry and weld.
- Maintain safe vibration levels.
- Avoid future structural and mechanical problems.
Cory Structural FEA
- Elevated vibrations caused by the ID fans located on the top floor of the Cory Potash Plant.
- Model of the whole structure and vibration measurements showed that under current operating conditions, unavoidable imbalances in the fans are causing the supporting beams to vibrate.
- Recommended that some of the supporting beams be further reinforced by trusses and bracing.