Off-skid pipe racks
Example of a plant that has 11 compressors in parallel as well as additional process skids connected.
- Completed both the dynamic and static pipe stress analysis.
- Ensured the entire rack was suitable to withstand the required loads.
- 57,000 combinations of operating conditions were assessed.
- One comprehensive model significantly reduced the design iterations and the associated costs.
- Integrity & Safety: Operate safely without restriction in compressor run speed.
Flow Induced Vibration on High Flow Centrifugal Compressor Station
- Analysis kept separation margins between acoustical and mechanical modes as large as possible.
- Piping vibration was assessed with FIV pulsation point sources.
- Integrity: Mitigated vibration risks and potential costly failure during operation.
- Safety: Avoided possible failure of small bore piping.
Pipe Rack Analysis
- Work together closely with piping design and civil engineers to ensure a safe and reliable design.
- Localized stress analysis performed for large bore lines.
- Integrity & Safety: Code compliant analysis.
- Reliability: Operates safely.
Fractionation Plant Piping Analysis
Stress analysis of new facility.
- New design of the system for sustained, thermal and environmental loads.
- Challenges include design of new piping in a way that it works with the existing system.
- Integrity and Safety: Eliminated design weaknesses that could result in costly down time and major safety risks.
- Cost: Optimised design that reduced number of required supports.