Whether in the design stage, commissioning, or in-situ troubleshooting, AP Dynamics can assist in ensuring asset longevity and reliability.
Torsional Vibration Measurement Survey
- Torsional shaft encoder was installed.
- Continuous data acquisition during varying operating conditions.
- Torsional natural frequencies was correlated with vibration frequencies observed.
- Elevated torsional vibration was identified to be excited by gas forces in the system.
- Detailed , torsional analysis, and CFD studies were suggested to determine the root cause and provide recommendations.
Compressor Package Vibration Survey and Skid Analysis
- Unit would regularly shut down due to high vibration alarms.
- Thorough baseline of the package was conducted, including Operating Deflection Shape (ODS) of the piles to understand foundation movement.
- Skid and pile analysis was performed.
- Elevated pile vibration was mitigated after pile ties were installed resulting from the skid and pile analysis.
- Reduced vibration throughout package resulting in continuous and safe operation without high-vibration alarms shutting down the machine.
Screw Compressor Vibration Testing
- Elevated vibration and noise levels throughout the package was noted after maintenance turnaround.
- Field vibration and pulsation measurements were performed.
- Pulsation measurements were taken across the stages and the measured frequencies of pulsation forces matched the frequencies of elevated vibrations.
- Field measurements found that pulsations were above guideline.
- An acoustic design analysis was recommended to reduce fatigue failures from vibration.
Root Cause Investigation
- Flow induced vibration prevented the client from operating multiple compressor stations of similar design.
- Detailed acoustical, structural, and CFD studies were required to determine the root cause and provide recommendations.
- The client spent over $10M to mitigate the vibration issue in the field.
- Cost: Allowed the client to meet the in-service date.
- Integrity and Safety: Performing dynamic analysis at the design stage eliminates such problems from occurring in the field.