AP Dynamics provides full scope of services on all styles of pump packages. With decades of experience with reciprocating, centrifugal and gear pump systems, we have unrivalled capabilities in assessing performance and mitigating issues found in all types of pump packages. From a single unit to large pump stations, AP Dynamics can assist in increasing the performance and reliability of your assets, ensuring safe and long-term operation.
Positive Displacement Pumps
Structural Skid Analysis on Pump Package
- Skid lifting lug and dynamic analyses performed.
- Modification required to the skid design in order to meet vibration criteria.
- Integrity and Safety: Eliminated design weaknesses that could result in costly down time and safety risks.
- Quality Standard: Satisfied client high technical expectations.
Pulsation and Mechanical Analyzes on Amine Triplex Pumps
- Incorrect size dampener was detected.
- Identified current or potential problem areas on piping.
- Integrity and Safety: Mitigation of vibration risks and potential costly failure during operation.
- Reliability: Replacing undersize dampener.
Field Survey of Pump Stations Along a Pipeline
- 64-Channel vibration system used.
- Continuous data acquisition during varying operating conditions.
- Identified current or potential problem areas on pumps, motors, as well as piping.
- Integrity and Safety: Mitigation of vibration on small bore attachments to avoid failure and downtime.
- Reliability: Replacing problematic motor bearing, leaking seals.
- Efficiency: Some pumps were cavitating.
Pump Station Pipe Wall Shell Vibration
- Customer required an understanding of the dynamic shell behavior at a branch connection.
- Computational modal analysis of a pipeline and 4” nozzle was completed.
- Field measurements produced an Operating Deflection Shape (ODS).
- The predicted shell modes were in the appropriate range.
- Predicted MNF resembled the ODS at the vane passing frequency (VPF).