AP DYNAMICS provides a complete range of services related to the analysis, design and operation of Steam Generators. We offer high quality, cost-effective and client-oriented project services using proven state-of-the-art simulation techniques.
This is achieved thanks to our experienced engineers understanding of equipment physical behavior and their specialization in the latest numerical simulation and measurement technologies to create a digital twin of your equipment.
- Full Structural Evaluation
- Comprehensive Vibration Testing
- Thermographic Survey
- Conjugated Combustion and Steam Generation
- NOx Emission Study
- Burner Tip Vibration Analysis
- Steam Erosion Research and Modeling
- Elbow Erosion and Combustion Assessment of Nozzles
- Full Design Review
- RCFA of Tubesheet
- Process CFD and Heat transfer Analysis
- Development of Structural Inspection Guidelines
Thermography and Vibration Surveys of Steam Generators
Thermographic and vibration surveys of 49 separate OTSGs located throughout 12 different sites.
- Reported thermal anomalies with associated recommendations based on three different criteria, Delta-t, maximum temperature for refractory inspection, and AP Dynamics guideline of temperature and vibration for structural integrity problems.
- Integrity and Safety: Maintain safe operation and prevented breakdown and stoppage of production.
Fitness For Service
AP Dynamics was commissioned to generate a stress and vibration guideline for the Once-Through-Steam-Generators.
- Finite element analysis was performed to estimate the allowable temperature and vibration at specified locations on the structure.
- Quality Standard: The guidelines was used by client as the basis for the API 580 Risk Based Inspection guideline for these OTSGs.
A detailed digital twin model was created from drawings and field data.
Digital twin model to facilitate decisions – achieve top notch OTSG performance:
- Failure avoidance and investigations.
- GHG reductions:
- More kg steam/ kg fuel.
- More kg steam /unit:
- More throughput meeting NOx limits.
- Less erosion, corrosion, fouling.
- Air Blower Efficiency and Optimization
- Multiphase Flow
- Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI)
- Combustion Optimization
- Flame Stabilization
- NOx Emission
- Heat Transfer